The International Fire Suppression Alliance (IFSA), a 501(c)6 non-profit trade group currently celebrating its 20th anniversary, is seeking a full-time Managing Director to lead the organization forward. A search committee has been charged with the responsibility of recommending final candidates to the organization’s Board of Governors.
The ideal candidate for Managing Director will enjoy travel, communication, and intercultural opportunities.
The Managing Director will assist the Board in the development of IFSA strategies, and will be responsible for overall administration of the organization, including oversight of its website, newsletter, grant and training programs, and membership solicitation and services. The Managing Director will be asked to set up a suitable headquarters office for the organization, and hire and supervise an administrative assistant to assist management efforts.
• Basic understanding of business management
– Ability to prepare a business plan
– Ability to execute plans and achieve given targets
• People management and relationship competencies
• English speaking and writing abilities
Helpful additional attributes:
• Multiple language abilities
• Multi-cultural experience
• Background in codes and standards driven markets
• Experience in international business development
• Experience in the fire suppression industry
• Experience in leading and/or growing non-profit organizations
The salary and office location are negotiable, and efforts will be made to accommodate the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be asked to hire an administrative assistant at an early opportunity.
Please send an indication of interest, resume, and salary requirements no later than July 22, 2019 to Russ Fleming, IFSA Secretary using: firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be confidential to the Search Committee.