IFSA Mission and Vision
The International Fire Sprinkler Association (IFSA) is a not-for-profit association created in 1999 "to promote and enhance the business of manufacturing and installing fire sprinkler, water spray and water mist systems and devices in all buildings, from homes to high-rise, worldwide, with the highest degree of competence and professionalism, for the purpose of saving lives and protecting property." This strategic plan is intended to serve as a long range plan and is intended to be reviewed every few years. Progress toward the goals identified in the plan is intended to be reviewed annually by the Board of Directors.
The purpose of the IFSA, as stated above, serves as a mission statement. This strategic plan also contains a vision for IFSA, along with a list of goals and strategic objectives for achieving those goal.
The International Fire Sprinkler Association will be the worldwide center for information on automatic water-based fire suppression systems and the leader in advancing the widespread use of such systems.
IFSA's vision will be successfully achieved through:
· Fostering the development of national and regional organizations with similar objectives
· Development of information systems to protect product integrity and industry identity
· Leadership in training and education
· Enhancement of codes, standards and legislation
· Growth in visibility, membership and support
Goals and Strategic Objectives
The goals of the IFSA are those that, as listed above, will result in attainment of the organization's vision. Strategic objectives are established to work toward the achievement of the goals.
Development of National and Regional Organizations
Goal: To foster the development of national and regional organizations whose activities would increase the use of competently installed automatic water-based fire suppression systems for the purpose of saving lives and protecting property.
· Make grant monies available to support organizations whose plans and objectives meet the above criteria.
· Maintain liaison with related national and regional organizations, and serve as a technical resource for such organizations.
· Report on the activities of national and regional organizations through IFSA publications.
Development of Information Systems to Protect Product Integrity and Industry Identity
Goal: To pursue such efforts and relationships that promote the widespread distribution of accurate industry information while protecting the separate and distinct identity of the automatic water-based fire suppression systems industry.
· Develop and maintain a website that will serve as an international resource for accurate and timely information on industry products and practices.
· Develop and produce publications consistent with the goals of the organization and its membership.
· Support national or regional licensing and certification activities aimed at establishing acceptable levels of competence for firms undertaking the installation of automatic water-based fire suppression systems.
Delivery of Training and Education
Goal: To deliver programs of training and education that further the efforts of the organization.
· Through relationship with NFSA and others, make arrangements for the delivery of quality educational programs through members and through affiliated national and regional organizations.
· Sponsor seminar programs aimed at stimulating interest in the capabilities of automatic water-based fire suppression systems in emerging markets, and to promote the competent use of hydraulic calculations.
Enhancement of Codes, Standards, and Legislation
Goal: To work with international organizations in the enhancement of codes, standards and legislation while serving as a resource for parallel local and national efforts.
· Assist national and regional organizations in planning and implementing legislative and regulatory initiatives aimed at expanding the use of automatic water-based fire suppression systems.
· Provide input to the activities of international standards developers to seek compatibility of product requirements and appropriate use of industry technology.
· Monitor and assist the international development of performance-based building codes to ensure that the performance of automatic water-based fire suppression systems is properly considered.
Growth in Visibility, Membership and Support
Goal: To increase awareness of the IFSA and its programs, to increase the value of membership and to expand membership so as to enhance the ability of organization to meet its goals.
· Continue the recruitment of Governing Members to provide primary financial resources for the organization.
· Implement categories of membership that would result in additional funding and support for the organization
· Optimize the effectiveness of the Board of Directors, committees, and staff resources.
· Develop such programs and activities as benefit the members of the organization.
· Create and support strategic alliances, coalitions and ventures consistent with the goals of the organization.